Netpex provides and end- to- end service. Our outreach programme is part of this service and provides support with more responsibility placed on the young person to gain life skills while still in a safe environment. Our support package starts at 5 hour weekly support, but can be tailor- made. We continually liaise with the social worker to ensure that the right level of support is being offered.
We recognise that young people require the knowledge, skills and confidence to meet the challenges of life and our outreach programme is there to maximise their potential in achieving independence. In order to achieve this plans include:
- Health matters - Sexual, physical and emotional
- Education - Encouraging our young people to look into courses with local colleges
- Employment - Linking our young people to their local Job Centre
- Independent living and life skills - Coping mechanisms to deal with general day- to- day existence
- Budget management
- Planning for long- term accommodation after leaving Netpex - Providing access to resources for claiming benefits such as housing benefits and job- seekers allowance
Regular reports are provided documenting progress. The Unit Manager is also available to attend meetings, further plan or discuss the young person’s case.